Supporting young people on the autism spectrum with friendships.
Friendship is about:
- giving and receiving positive social reinforcement
- spending time together
- sharing common interests
- sometimes being the leader in social situations
- sometimes being the follower
- feeling accepted by a peer group
- showing respect for others
- learning to cooperate
For many young people on the autism spectrum, making friends and maintaining friendships can be difficult to understand and navigate. It can also vary amongst individuals, depending on age and level of development.
Download our information sheet or watch the recording of our webinar on Friendships to learn more.