Positive Partnerships is delivered by Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect).
Positive Partnerships' website and its contents are the copyright of the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment from 2008 to the present, unless otherwise indicated. This copyright material is subject to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and is owned by the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment or, where indicated, by a party other than the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment.
3. Creative Commons licence
Positive Partnerships actively encourages broad use and adaptation of its material.
Unless indicated otherwise (including Section 4 below), copyright material available on this website is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence (the CC BY licence).
This licence allows you to:
- share – copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format; and
- adapt – remix, transform and build upon the material,
for any purpose, even commercially, provided you attribute Positive Partnerships as the source of the copyright material (see Section 5 below).
4. Material not available under the Creative Commons licence
The CC BY licence does not apply to:
- any logos, including Positive Partnerships logo, Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) logo, the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment;
- other trade mark protected material; and
- the design of this website. This does not include the icons used to represent the key concepts and threads.
This material must not be used for any purpose without permission.
In addition, the CC BY licence does not apply to material owned by third parties that has been reproduced with their permission on, or linked to from, this website. Permission will need to be obtained from third parties to re-use their material.
There are also other materials on this website that are licensed more restrictively (Excluded Materials). Excluded Materials comprise:
- all photographs hosted on this website (except where explicitly noted);
- all external videos linked from this website;
- all photographs in any reports, or other documents, published on this website.
You may view, download, display, print, reproduce (such as by making photocopies) and distribute these Excluded Materials in unaltered form only for your personal educational purposes or for the educational purposes of your organisation, provided that you make others aware it can only be used for these purposes and attribute Positive Partnerships as the source of the Excluded Material in accordance with Section 5 below.
For the avoidance of doubt, this means that you cannot edit, modify or adapt any of these materials, and you cannot sub-license any of these materials to others. Apart from any uses permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), and those explicitly granted above, all other rights are reserved by Positive Partnerships.
If you want to use such material in a manner that is outside this restrictive licence, you must request permission from Positive Partnerships by emailing email@example.com
Positive Partnerships videos may be hosted on an external platform, e.g. YouTube, Vimeo. The licence terms on these external platforms governs your use of this material. For more information about linked material from third party websites, see Section 8 below.
5. Attributing Positive Partnerships
All Positive Partnerships material covered by the CC BY licence should be cited as follows:
Copyright Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment 2008 to present, unless otherwise indicated. This material was downloaded from the Positive Partnerships website (https://www.positivepartnerships.com.au) on [date] and [was/was not] modified. The material is licensed under CC BY 4.0. The Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment, Autism Spectrum Australia and Positive Partnerships do not endorse any product or service that uses this material, make any representations as to the quality of such products or services, or is affiliated with or sponsors the provider.
6. No endorsement of products
The Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment, Autism Spectrum Australia and Positive Partnerships do not endorse any product or service that uses Positive Partnerships materials or make any representations as to the quality of such products or services. Any product or service that uses material published on this website should not be taken to be affiliated with the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment, Autism Spectrum Australia or Positive Partnerships, or have the sponsorship or approval of the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment, Autism Spectrum Australia or Positive Partnerships.
7. No licence fees collected by Copyright Agency Limited
Positive Partnerships has written to the Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) directing CAL not to collect fees on the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment or Positive Partnerships behalf for Positive Partnerships materials. This means that schools, education bodies and other organisations are not charged fees for copying the materials on this website, unless material is owned by a third party, in which case permission will need to be obtained from the third party to re-use their material.
8. Linked material available on third party websites
If this website contains links to your website and you have any objection to such linking, please contact Positive Partnerships by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Similarly, if you have any questions regarding use of material available on or through this website, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
This initiative is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment through the Helping Children with Autism package. The views expressed within this website do not necessarily represent the views of the Australian Government or the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment.
The materials available on this website are made available by Positive Partnerships as an information source only.
Positive Partnerships has compiled the material on this website in good faith and has endeavoured to ensure that all material is accurate and does not breach any entity’s rights at the time of its inclusion. However, the material may contain unintentional errors and is provided ‘as is’.
This website and the information it contains is not intended as a substitute for professional consultation with a qualified practitioner. Always seek the advice of your doctor for any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
You acknowledge and agree that you will make your own enquiries to determine whether information you obtain through the website is current, complete and accurate before using it.
We do not warrant or guarantee:
- that you will be able to use the website at any time; or
- that your use of the website will be continuous, uninterrupted, secure or error-free.
We also assume no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property as a result of your access to, use of, or browsing in the website or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from this website.
If Positive Partnerships has inadvertently included materials belonging to any other party, please contact Positive Partnerships by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You acknowledge and agree that your access to, and use of, the website is at your own risk.
To the maximum extent lawful, the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment and Positive Partnerships:
- excludes all warranties, representations, guarantees, conditions, rights, remedies, liabilities and any other terms that may be conferred or implied by statute, general law or custom, except any guarantee or right conferred under any legislation (including the Australian Consumer Law in Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Commonwealth)), the exclusion of which would contravene legislation or cause any part of this clause to be void in respect of this website and the material contained on it; and
- excludes all responsibility and liability for:
- any loss or damage, however caused, resulting from your use or inability to use this website or the material; or
- any incidental, special or consequential damages arising from the use or inability to use the website or the material contained on it.
Where liability cannot be lawfully excluded, the entire liability of Positive Partnerships and your exclusive remedy is resupply of the website or the material contained on it.
The website uses the internet to provide services and information. By using the website, you acknowledge and agree to accept all risks associated with using the internet, including the potential exposure to viruses and harmful code which may affect your device.
We do not warrant or guarantee the security of the website. You are solely responsible for the security of your device (including any data stored on your device) and for using appropriate and up-to-date software on your device to detect and manage the threat posed by viruses and other harmful code.
Unless the material is made available under the CC BY licence or relevant terms/conditions of use allow modification or adaption, you must contact Positive Partnerships by emailing email@example.com if you:
- intend to charge others for use or access Positive Partnerships material from this website; or
- intend to publish a modified version of any Positive Partnerships material from this website.
If material indicates (either next to the item or in the ‘Acknowledgements’ section) that it may be owned by a third party, you may need to contact the third party to request permission to reproduce their material.
15. Other terms
Last updated: June 2020.