Our Whole School Professional Learning Program is designed to support whole school, sustainable change.
It provides practical ways to strengthen partnerships between families and school staff and promote improved learning outcomes for students on the autism spectrum.
This free program provides a combination of face to face learning experiences and online learning activities, leading to the implementation of a school action plan.
‘The Positive Partnerships training is relevant, current and highly applicable to the school environment.’
- Explore current evidence informed research and information about autism and better understand the impact on a young person’s learning and participation
- Investigate the processes and strategies that strengthen effective partnerships between home and school
- Plan and implement strategies that support the young person to maximise learning in the school and home environment
- Foster an inclusive school culture through productive partnerships between school, home and the broader community
- Meet with Positive Partnerships staff member to confirm involvement and discuss expectations and commitment
- Form a school Action Team (up to 5 staff) to co-ordinate the program and lead change within the school
- Whole staff complete two online learning modules
- Whole staff complete a survey to identify school strengths and priority areas
- Action Team participate in a planning day to review survey data. Work with Positive Partnerships staff to plan content delivery of 2-day whole staff professional learning
- Whole staff participate in two face to face workshop days
- Action Team supports colleagues’ learning at the workshop and the development of action plans based on survey data
- Post-workshop, whole staff complete two online learning activities
- Whole staff participate in the implementation of school action plans
- Action Team continues to support their colleagues to implement plans
- These plans should include activities that support family engagement with the school’s priority areas
- Whole staff complete a follow-up survey
- Action Team coordinate staff to submit their reflections on the implementation of their plan/s
Frequently asked Questions
What does it cost to attend the workshops?
- There is no cost to attend Positive Partnerships workshops.
What resources do we receive?
- Positive Partnerships provides a nominal amount of resource funding to support schools to attend the workshop. (contact us for more details on resource funding)
- Attendees will also get access to templates and tools that help them to better understand how to support a student and to work in partnership with families.
Find out more
If you think this program may be suitable for your school and you want to find out more, please click on the coordinator for your state or territory and complete the enquiry form. You can also download a brochure of the program specific to your state or territory.