Accessibility is for everybody. If we create a solution for one student, it will extend to a whole classroom. That's what personalisation of technology provides, a chance to create solutions for individual students that will also be applicable to others, and to you as well.
On this page we provide links to the technology accessibility resources mentioned in our webinar, as well as providing a copy of the slides. A recording of the webinar will be available on this page shortly.
2021 Cognitive Load accessibility resources
- Share Reminders - Find out how here.
- Location based Reminders - Find out how here.
- Schedule Reminders - Find out how here.
- Time Based Reminders - “Remind me at 4pm to take my medication”
- Location Based Reminders - “Remind me when I get home to put the washing on”
- Siri to Make Phone Calls - “Dial 0421 587 085”
- Siri to Make Phone Calls for Relationships
- “Call my daughter”
- "Send a message to my sister”
- Tell Siri About Yourself - Find out how here.
- Ask Siri - Find out how here.
- Widgets have been redesigned to give you more information at a glance—and now you can add them to your Home Screen. Choose from different sizes and arrange them however you like. You can also add a Smart Stack that displays widgets based on factors like your location, an activity, or the time.
- To support quick access to Shortcuts, add them as a Widget to your home screen. For example, add a Help Message Shortcut that sends a message to trusted contacts stating you need assistance and your location.
- Add widgets to the iPhone home screen: Find out how here.
- Add widgets to the iPad home screen: Find out how here.
- Help Message shortcut: Find out how here.
- How to add Widgets to your home screen: Watch the video here. (Runtime 2:37)
- Find out more here.
📸 Photos for iOS and iPad OS
- Get more information on Photos here.
- Photos Support. Find out more here.
- Organise and find photos on your iPad. Find out how here.
- Use the People album in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Find out how here.
- Find people in Photos on iPhone. Find out how here.
- Edit photos and videos on iPad. Find out how here.
- Share photos and videos on iPad. Find out how here.