Department of Education and Training is not responsible for content provided via external links from this website.
All personal information collected by the Department of Education and Training is protected by the Privacy Act 1988. Information on the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 can be found on the Federal Privacy Commissioner's website.
The Department is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information that Department of Education and Training and funded service providers (collectively, Department of Education and Training) receive and collect from you.
For those who do not wish to use the Internet, Department of Education and Training provides alternative ways of providing information.
Personal information Department of Education and Training collects:
- Department of Education and Traicollects personal information (such as your name, email address, and date of birth) where that is necessary for performance of its functions, including functions related to services provided by Aspect on behalf of Department of Education under the Helping Children with Autism package. Information will be used by the Department to inform the ongoing and future operations of this program and related functions.
- Generally, Department of Education and Training collects your personal information directly from you. However, there are circumstances where we collect personal information from a third party, such as another Australian Government Department if you have consented or would reasonably expect us to collect the information in this way.
- The servers that this website is hosted on automatically record information when you visit this website and logs certain information, including the uniform resource locators ("URLs") of web pages that you visit.
Use, Sharing of Information and Disclosure:
- Department of Education and Training only use your personal information for the purposes for which you provide it to us and for directly related purposes (unless otherwise required by or authorised under law).
- Department of Education and Training may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties outside of the Department.
- Department of Education and Training may disclose your personal information to third parties in limited circumstances authorised under law, including the Privacy Act 1988 (e.g., preventing fraud or imminent threat to the life or health of the individual concerned or another person, ensuring the security of Department of Education and Training's statutory functions, and protecting the public revenue).
Access to your information
Department of Education and Training is bound by the Information Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988. The Aspect website follows the Federal Privacy Commissioner's Guidelines for Federal and ACT Government Worldwide Websites. For privacy-related information about specific Department of Education and Training programmes/services, please check the relevant privacy notices for those specific programmes.
How to contact us:
Privacy Contact Officer– Loc GC21
The Australian Government Department of Education and Training
GPO Box 9880
Canberra ACT 2601