Supporting young people on the autism spectrum with bullying.
What is bullying?
For some young people on the autism spectrum, it can be very difficult to recognise bullying. They may need support to understand that:
- bullying is about the misuse of power in relationships
- bullying is when someone experiences repeated verbal, physical and or social behaviour that causes harm
- bullying is mean and can be very hurtful there are different kinds of bullying
- no kind of bullying is ever OK
- bullying should always be reported
- adults will do all in their power to take it seriously and deal with it
Download our information sheet on Bullying to learn more.